How To Maintain And Improve Your Own Credit
Are you thinking of getting a new apartment, a nicer car, or applying for a credit card for a nice vacation, but you can’t get approved because of your poor credit score? Worry less; this article will pinpoint some fundamental tips on how to improve and get a good or excellent credit score, which will help you in the journey of achieving your goals with less or no stress.
Wait a minute, WHAT IS CREDIT SCORE?
A credit score is a numerical expression based on the analysis of your credit files/credit report, and it is the factor that represents your creditworthiness.
WHAT IS A GOOD CREDIT SCORE?
Credit score ranges between 300 to 850. A credit score that falls on 700 and beyond are regarded as a good score. While the score that falls on 800 or above is considered to be an excellent score. Although, most credit scores fall between 600 – 750. While higher scores show better credit decisions that can make creditors confident and assured that you would pay your debts as agreed.
3 REASONS TO IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE
· Best approval rates & terms (Credit Cards, Mortgages, Auto Loans).
· Friendlier payment & payment options (saving you hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month.
· In some case’s better insurance premiums.
HOW DO I IMPROVE MY CREDIT SCORE?
Having a poor credit score might cost you hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars over a lifetime.
Fortunately for you, here are ten quality tips that if applied correctly, can bring your credit score from poor to good and even beyond.
10 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE
· Monitor your credit report at minimum once every 6 months (I check once a month).
· Ensure any inaccuracies are corrected with the bureau’s, such as: misspelled names unknown accounts, unknown addresses, incorrect card balances etc...
· Keep your Credit Card balance below 30%.
· Try to keep at least 4 open revolving tradelines
· Keep credit inquiries to a minimum
· Remove old addresses from your report
· Don’t close unused credit cards (It decreases your available credit, which actually lowers your score)
· PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME!!
· Build Strong aged accounts